|—||Roland Barthes, A Lover’s Discourse (via bookmania)|
She asks when she’ll see me again,
but I’m hesitant to make love a second time.
That’s where I went wrong,
I was making love,
not having yet mastered the art of fuck.
Rarely is the first time
so silk smooth,
When I do engage in
a second time,
a third time…
|—||Anna Kamieńska, In That Great River: A Notebook (via bookmania)|
I am learning
how to secretly love you
from an unquenchable distance,
tracing tangible threads too torn to connect
a churning trellis; our tree trunk
has been scraped at with our initials
for far too long now, and I smell
leaves burning, so I should
stop looking at roiling ringlets reconstructing
the broken, the broken, to be fixed.
I am learning
how to sketch
the perfect portrait
of a healed man
smiling with a broken silhouette.
I am learning how to catch the sun again.
I Sniff Books
your scent still lingers on the
wings of a hummingbird, still,
unseen but there, silently
permeating receptive pores,
with the grace and elegance
of who you are. I still feel your
beauty through the distance
that separates us.
make yourself comfortable
inside my head.
lay down in my brain,
i want you to stay.
* a person you know well and regard with affection and trust
* the one friend who is closest to you
* an older sister
* a younger sister
* a female offspring
* a woman who serves as a sponsor for a child at baptism
* a writer of poems
* satisfying aesthetic standards and sensibilities
* highly favored and fortunate
* a person who loves;
* an ardent follower and admirer
* loved by someone
* intensely enthusiastic
* free from external and mental control and constraint
* an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field
* creates scripts of creative nature
* marked by joy and pleasure
* a person who lives according to my own wishes and beliefs
* a person who shows a tender and considerate and helpful nature
* a person who is inclined to forgive and show mercy
* an expressor of strong emotions